School of Visual Arts (SVA) - Cartoon, scholarship $94,000.00
Laguna College of Art + Design (LCAD) - Animation, $44,000.00
Kansas City Art Institute (KCAI) - Animation, scholarship $100,000.00
Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA) - Animation, scholarship $70,000.00
The Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) - Animation, scholarship $28,000.00
1. How do you feel about your college acceptance? I feel very excited about my college acceptances! Even though I knew I’d get accepted to most (if not all) of the colleges I applied to, I didn’t really expect any scholarships so getting several was a very pleasant surprise.
2. What was the most difficult aspect of your portfolio preparation? I think the most difficult aspect was definitely finishing it. Planning out and starting each individual work wasn’t an issue, but every time I thought I was done, I’d have to add or change something. Making all those changes was totally worth it though!
3. What is your favorite artwork that you made? I think my favorite artwork is actually the expressions I did for my character, Cloud! He has a simple color palette consisting of only monochrome colors, but something about how clean the lines and shading are just sticks with me the most out of all my works. He’s also my favorite character I’ve made by far! His gray skin and horns remind me of stuff I was interested in during elementary school, so he gives me a sense of nostalgia as well.
4. When choosing a college how did you decide on where to apply? Most colleges were recommended by other people, but I ultimately just chose according to my gut and what I felt while looking into them.
5. Do you have any advice for the new portfolio students? You are going to work a LOT. It might feel like a lot at times, especially over the summertime, but it will TOTALLY be worth it! All your hard work will pay off. Listen to the teachers and their input too, I promise it will only improve your work!