Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA) - Illustration, scholarship $35,000.00
School of Visual Arts (SVA) - Illustration
Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) - Communication Arts
1. How do you feel about your college acceptance? The best word to describe my feeling would be relief. I was excited to hear about the results, but I was more happy that I finished the portfolio.
2. Who is your favorite artist? How does he/she inspire you? My current favorite artist is KAWS. He inspires me to look at objects from a different perspective. What’s unique about his work is that his character doesn’t really have a facial expression or real special meaning. It’s up to the audience to interpret it.
3. What was the most difficult aspect of your portfolio preparation? The most difficult aspect of my portfolio preparation was remembering to enjoy the process. It takes lots of effort and time to finish each and finally every piece of a portfolio. Therefore, it is crucial to enjoying the process of creating it instead of only chasing after the end goal. Else the portfolio preparation would seem like a heap of work.
4. What is your favorite artwork that you made? Probably a mixed-media work that featured a staircase. I loved working on different patterns on the stairs and the window.
5. Do you have any advice for the new portfolio students? I would advise them to follow the guided deadline. It would be a burden to try to finish the whole portfolio with no measurable progress. The faster you can finish a piece, the better you can focus on other things. Good luck, and do your best.